Tuesday, March 24, 2015

#TimedMileTuesday, Load, Coffee, Tombstones, Oysters. Yay.

Waking up this morning there was a lot to get done all before noon.  Today was #TimedMileTuesday, but more than that it was also the day we'd be delivering the Deep-Shoe Diver to the expo-hall in preparation for the Cooper Bridge Run packet-pickup this weekend!

Waking up, my legs and hips were really tired so I knew my mile was going to HURT!  On top of the stiffness, I still wasn't wholly sure where to run my mile - being in a new locale every week certainly has its downsides...

#TimedMileTuesday

4:53...

Disproportionately more difficult compared to my 4:31 last week but I'll TAKE IT!  You can't expect improvement week after week and it's important to know when to take it easy on yourself and just enjoy the experience :) I love running - even when I hate it.

After my mile I cleaned up and met the team to head to the expo-hall and deliver the Deep-Shoe Diver.

Zach and Shannon are both amazing and always a joy to work with.  We spent about 3-4 hours at the expo-hall setting up the Diver as well as cleaning it.  The rain over the past couple of days took its toll on the interior and after setting up all the signage I spent the majority of my time spot-treating the floor for water-stains.

Careful Yo'!
With our duties done and vendor-passes gathered we all decided to head back to historic downtown Charleston and take advantage of the nicer weather.  Downtown Charleston has a really cool air about it and there was another coffee spot we wanted to visit plus an oyster bar Zach had his heart set on for happy hour!

On a side note* I'm finding it more or less difficult in the South (Atlanta, Charleston, etc) to tell the difference between a historic i.e. old neighborhood and a 'bad' neighborhood...the two can look remarkably similar in their degree of disrepair....  DEFINITELY not in Southern California anymore.

Our first stop in downtown Charleston was to Black Tap Coffee.  Cozy little spot not far from the college.  I really love the colors in the downtown area, especially the lilac that a couple of buildings utilized:

Black Tap Coffee!
The buildings are such beautiful shades of color in downtown Charleston.
Mmmmm...glucose...
After our visit to Black Tap Coffee - AWESOME little spot - we headed farther into downtown to explore a bit more before happy hour at the oyster bar started:

SO MANY COLORS!  That's a church.
Rundown or historical?
Historic downtown Charleston.
Eventually we found ourselves in one of several centuries-old graveyards.


Something I thought was really cool were the little US flags adorning some of the graves commemorating those deceased who were signers of the DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE!

Very cool!

Super cool!

Also encountered this dude...

You will never accomplish as much as Richard Hudson accomplished...
After meandering around the dead for awhile we headed to HAPPY HOUR!  I've never had an oyster before and Zach and Shannon were pretty determined to impose one upon me.  I didn't resist too much - having my first oyster in a city with world-renowned seafood was never going to be the worst thing to befall me so why not?

Done and done...
Today was LOOONNNNGGGG!  Least I felt like it was....  I'm so thankful to be surrounded with so much good and positive in my life right now.  Positivity and success builds upon itself and expands exponentially - good people, good things, fortuitous situations - we're surrounded by what we create.  Run Happy, good things will follow :)

Jon - the New York Guru - is flying in tomorrow to assist us over the weekend and I'M STOKED!  Haven't seen him since we left Seattle and he brings such a groovy, positive vibe wherever he goes.  Hopefully we'll be able to fit in a run too!

Until then - be bright, be strong, #Runhappy :)

1 comment: