Friday, March 6, 2015

"God gave us toes so we could find furniture in the dark."

Last nights drive through Montana, Wyoming, & South Dakota in the semi hauling the Deep-Shoe Diver was ROUGH!  Almost a 200 mile stretch of extremely limited to no cell coverage along Hwy 212 - scary to think if we had a problem!


The Following Day

The following day I woke up in Rapid City, South Dakota!  Huge props to our Tour Manager for booking excellent hotels within budget ~


South Dakota has its own kind of beauty.  My morning run in my new favorite shoe - the Ravenna 6 - had me trotting through fields, finding snow, and taking a selfie.  Covered about 5 miles with the average temperature around 35*.


 
Snow & lots of field running!

Afterwards I had enough time to fit in some core (very important) before having breakfast with the team.

Tentatively, I think the plan is to reach Kansas City, Kansas today so another full day of driving to look forward to!

On that note I want to give a huge shoutout to the Account Manager whose been my driver since we started.  Awesome dude, positive & upbeat even after 11hrs of driving day after day - couldn't think of someone better to drive coast-to-coast with.

#RunHappyIsland is rollin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment