Sunday, March 22, 2015

Charleston And Beyond

Today we leave Atlanta and head toward Charleston, South Carolina for the Cooper River Bridge Run!

I'm excited to run in a new locale as well as explore Charleston a bit as I've heard many wonderful things about the food, culture, and people.  We should have a couple days to relax once we get there.

Today I woke up just early enough and rested enough to do my very best impression of a runner's long run. 

Me pre-long run:


 It would be my last run through College Park and included a jaunt through a cemetery as well as a cannon:


Managed to push-through 7.5 miles before all the looping and backtracking started to annoy me and I headed back for breakfast with the team.

Now I'm sitting down in the lobby of the hotel (already checked-out) waiting for Zach and Shannon to appear :)

Wish us luck as we head to Charleston as its been raining quite hard and I hope everyone drives safe!  We should be in Charleston by 7pm tonight.

Thanks for accommodating us Atlanta and goodluck to all of those running/racing here and across the nation!  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j5W73HaVQBg

#RunHappyIsland Rolls On! 

No comments:

Post a Comment