Sunday, March 29, 2015

New Orleans (Day 1)!

Obligatory Alabama Selfie'.
Good morning Alabama!

Today we make the final leap into New Orleans and the start of a new adventure!  Not only do delicious beignets await us and the Crescent City 10k but also friends, jazz music, and possibly a fan boat tour!  Angie from Brooks, my best friend Rosie, and several others will all be meeting us there for the weekend!

I'm also excited to try to make it to the November Project New Orleans Chapter but that's another story...

This morning began with a little run not too far from where we were staying in Mobile, Alabama.  I ran 4 miles and then Zach and Shannon joined me for another 2!  Actually found a solid little dirt trail following the river adjacent to our hotel that provided a welcome change to the normal asphalt-pounding.

Mobile is very greeeennn.

Loved this!  But the runnable sections were short.
After our run and breakfast we all saddled up and headed west!

3 hour later....  We're here!

The drive was uneventful and insurmountably better than the 10 hours we put in on the road yesterday!  Nestled in our hotel, I'm SUPER EXCITED to go run tomorrow as I've discovered what appears to be a trail system running parallel to the Mississippi River just south of us and within running/walking distance!  I swear there's no better way to explore and acclimate yourself to a new surrounding than going for a run through it :)

Tomorrow right now is pretty open - I'm excited for my morning run and to visit Cafe Du Monde and Community Coffee.  Sadly Zach is feeling pretty ill so any major team excursions may have to be postponed for a bit :(

FEEL BETTER ZACH!

#RunHappy





No comments:

Post a Comment