Sunday, May 3, 2015

Rest Day...

With the expo over our last full day in the Cincinnati area was a well-deserved rest day for Zach, Shannon, and I.  While the expo was a lot of fun and I derived so much from interacting with the local running community and the volunteers there - yesterday wore me out and I was thankful that finish line duties weren't on the schedule for today :)

Really can't thank the staff at the Flying Pig Marathon and the city of Cincinnati enough for accommodating us!  Such a wonderful-whimsical event and though I wasn't able to do much city exploring what I did see was very nice!

My hotel's tulips - been meaning to take a picture of them :)
Tomorrow we begin the drive to Grand Rapids, Michigan, a destination I'm REALLY EXCITED about!  Not only will we be meeting up with Blaize again but we've set aside quite a bit of free time to explore the area's trails and parks!

While Zach and Shannon decided to meet-up with some old co-workers traveling through the area, I took the opportunity today to rest up while also completing one of my favorite workouts utilizing a deck of cards :)

Side-note: one of the greatest promo items EVER!
Deck of Cards:

So if you'd like to try this on your own, here's how it works and please note there are a MILLION variations:

- Choose two (or four if you'd like to assign one to each suit) exercises; usually a lower-body and an upper-body.

- Assign all 'black cards' to be the lower/upper-body exercise and the 'red cards' the other.

- All cards are worth their numbered value while face-cards (Kings, Queens, Jacks) are usually worth 10.  Aces are usually 1 or 11 and Jokers function as a wild-card (whatever you want...).

- Shuffle the deck, and start flipping cards!

- Try to complete the deck AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE.

- You will HURT.  And by shuffling the deck you get a different workout every time!

Later that evening...

The day is growing older and it is time for me to track down some dinner and start on some recap-duties.  Tomorrow we hit the road and Run Happy Island rolls' on!

#RunHappy






No comments:

Post a Comment