Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Colorado!

Today we're finishing the drive to Colorado for BolderBoulder next Monday!  Less than 5 hours on the road today!

I'm really excited!  Once there I definitely want to find my way to Green Mountain and do some running and even look into the possibility of bagging a nearby 14k'er :) a trip to REI may be in order....

I'm hoping we have fair weather for the duration of our stay.  It'll be cool to just explore downtown for a day and scout out local coffee shops!

Today before hitting the road I was able to get in a little run along the path adjacent to our hotel.  Beautiful little path!  It feels good to be consistently running again but can definitely tell my legs are still getting use to it. 

Path near our hotel in Nebraska.


That evening...

We're here!  Denver, Colorado!  While we were originally going to stay in the Westminster-area the hotel we were scheduled for was overbooked so they moved us to another property in downtown Denver.  We did manage to get 30,000 Hilton Points out of the deal plus a free-night which will be GREAT in keeping our per-diem down so it's a win-win situation :) We'll be back in Westminster tomorrow.

I'm SO EXCITED FOR TOMORROW!  I'm familiarizing myself with Denver-RTD right now as there's a station right next to our Westminster hotel.  I'll be able to take the bus directly into Boulder to do some exploring!  Think I'll even take Zach's bike along :)  Also I found a group run at Boulder Running Company I'm going to try to attend tomorrow evening!  Zach and Shannon seem to have some plans of their own so it'll work out perfectly.  One of my good friends - Sarah Swiss - who use to work for Brooks Running (and was on a previous tour...) will be in the area Thursday-Monday for BolderBoulder too!

Well it's time to wrap this up and start a foamrolling session.  Super stoked to be in Colorado and can't wait to make the most out of the next couple of days :)

#RunHappy


No comments:

Post a Comment