Thursday, May 14, 2015

O-H-I-O!

Today was AWESOME!  So many things to say and write about but then again pictures are worth a thousand words and I have plenty of those!

This morning was the day we were to deliver the DSD to the expo-hall for the Cleveland Marathon expo tomorrow!  Downtown Cleveland is quite the character....  Narrow roads, looping pathways, and  drawbridges seem to be the most ubiquitous characteristics of the city.  One thing I do love about the older cities (St. Louis, Detroit, Cleveland, etc) we've visited is the presence of all the old brick and ironwork; it really gives the urban landscape a unique charm.  Once abandoned - unlike modern buildings that would undoubtedly fall into disrepair rapidly - such structures simply stand derelict like remnants of a forgone greatness.

Approaching downtown Cleveland through the Tremont neighborhood...DSD AHOY!
C'mon...you're smiling too...
We took about two hours to unload and clean-up the DSD for the expo tomorrow.  I was very thankful to discover it wasn't as gross as I was expecting!  Everything was still a little damp and musty from the rain we've been having but nothing a good wipe-down and some Febreeze couldn't fix! :)  After unloading and exploring downtown Cleveland for a bit we all went and grabbed some of the most delicious, gut-busting, grilled-cheese sandwiches for lunch you could possibly imagine (no pictures)!

Key topper?  Knife guard?  You decide.

As I mentioned yesterday, there is a national park/nature preserve just about a mile from where we're staying outside of Cleveland.  Today I was determined to do some exploring  after my lunch settled down.  

After napping for about an hour I laced up my Glycerin 12's and started my run to Cuyahoga National Park!  The whole area was BEAUTIFUL!  Lush greenery, hard-packed dirt trails, and a river cutting through the entirety of it.  Not quite as technical as I was hoping but an awesome experience nonetheless.  

Mmmmm.... :)

I'm trying to think of a clever caption for this but I'm at a loss.

Ombre' Glycerin 12's - my mileage shoe 

10k at about a 6:20/pace.  Feeling GOOD!
Tomorrow is the first day of the Cleveland Marathon expo!  I'm excited to get back to work - I love my job and I love staying busy plus Blaize and his fiance' will be back with us!  

Next week at this time we'll be in Colorado...imagine that....

#RunHappy




No comments:

Post a Comment