Thursday, April 9, 2015

Storm's a brewin....

Today I woke up feeling a little thin - like being stretched over a canvas a bit too big: 30% anxiety, 30% nervousness, and 40% just me :) I decided to forgo breakfast with the team and try to run it out instead.  Luckily our hotel is adjacent to a gorgeous little lake roughly .4 mile around providing an amazing setting by which to do it.

Little lake and running path adjacent to the hotel :) SCORE!
Sometimes it's hard for me to pinpoint exactly why I feel a certain way. Luckily though regardless of the catalyst, running has always been there for me....  One of the most beautiful things about a run is that it can be whatever you want it to be: a social excursion, an escape, penance, or that reason to have an extra beer ;) I love running, even when I hate it.

Bunny on my run!
My eldest brother is to blame for making a runner out of me.  He used running as a means to cope with social anxiety and a cocaine addiction.  Growing up I remember my mother telling me that my brother had to keep running, "to keep that monkey off his back."  He died in 2003 from injuries sustained in a car wreck - he was sober and running about 8 miles a day at the time.  He was 20 years old.

Christian Anthony Barrett

Later that day...

Tomorrow is Day 1 of the GO! St. Louis Marathon expo!  Super excited about this one because the entire expo is on SLU's campus AND we'll be outside again!  As class will be ongoing tomorrow I think it'll be an awesome opportunity to interact with the students as well as registrants. Today we delivered the Deep-Shoe Diver and trailer to the campus.  Beautiful campus SLU!

LSU Campus - GORGEOUS!  
Now there is a super cell forming in the area so we're expecting a repeat of last nights thunder and lightning plus tornado advisories are in affect but it should all be over by the time we activate tomorrow....  Hopefully when we show up tomorrow morning the DSD won't be on it's side!  Kidding, kind of....

#WhyDoPeopleLiveHere?
Blaize just landed and is checking into the hotel now!  Super excited to see him again :) it'll be good to catch up tonight as well as have his assistance over the weekend.  You can't help but smile when talking to or about him.  Until tomorrow, goodnight ya'll!

#RunHappy


1 comment: