Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Cincinnati!

Today is our first day in Cincinnati in preparation for the Flying Pig Marathon this weekend!  I'm really excited about this event as I've heard so much about it over the years as it consistently ranks as one of those must do events in the country!

While tomorrow we're moving the Deep-Shoe Diver to the expo hall, today is an off day!  After finishing up some tour duties, Zach and Shannon had the idea of exploring a local trail-system and getting in a run.  Never one to pass down a trail run, I tagged along :)

The trail system was part of a larger recreation area known as Ault Park which also included manicured lawns, gardens, and some renaissance architecture.
Ault Park, Cincinnati OH
The trails were the highlight of the trip for me though!  It's been so long since I ran on a rolling trail-system I forgot how different (and funner) it is from running on the road!

Zach and Shannon!
Abandoned train tracks over a bridge - about a 40ft drop below!

Beneath the train tracks - see what I see?

Obligatory Ohio Trail Selfie'
Though our run was on the shorter side - about 20 minutes - it was AWESOME!  Felt amazing to be running on trails again and it was a great way to discover the local flora and fauna!  

After getting back to the hotel, Zach and Shannon went out to dinner while I gravitated toward room-service and finishing up my laundry :)

Tomorrow we're up bright and early to deliver the Deep-Shoe Diver and begin set-up!  As always I'm excited to get back to work - I love my off days but ultimately I'm happiest when I'm at my busiest :)

Before I finish this post though there is one more very important announcement...


MY BEST FRIEND AND HIS WIFE HAD THEIR FIRST BABY!  CONGRATULATIONS!

Goodnight ya'll :)

#RunHappy


No comments:

Post a Comment