Tuesday, April 14, 2015

RIP #TimedMileTuesday, Greetings Tar-Heel Country

I'm telling you...

7+ hour car rides are not conducive to overall hip and glute health :(

Bananas were very motivating today.

 Last night we stayed in Dandrige, Tennessee about 20 minutes east of Knoxville - not too far from the Smokey Mountains National Park.  Eastern Tennessee is by far one of the most beautiful, rugged areas we've traversed so far.  Also, everyone we've encountered in the area is really nice J
Yes, that is a massive wall-mountain of trees...can't even see the sky.
Today we're finishing the last 300 miles to Chapel Hill, North Carolina and I couldn't be happier!  These long drives are BRUTAL and I’m just the passenger…. 

Tomorrow we have a retail event at Fleet Feet Carrboro which I am REALLY excited about it!  It’s always great to support the local retailers plus the smaller events have an intimacy that the bigger activations can lack J

This weekend is the Tar Heel 10 Miler AND THE BOSTON MARATHON!  Now, we’ll be at the Tar Heel 10 Miler and NOT Boston but I’m stoked about both regardless.  North Carolina LOVES its’ Tar Heels and any event tied to UNC is sure to be a blast.  As for Boston I have so many good friends running I really can not wait to see how everyone does.  Meb Keflezighi is running too!  Meb is great, he’s always running around Mission Bay and Penasquitos Canyon where he trains and every local SD runner has a story about running into him and how nice he is!  He also has a janky, old mountain bike he pedals around on J 

Well I am writing this as Shannon drives and we only have about 30 minutes left before hitting Chapel Hill!  Still going to try to get in a run today but not before a nice, hot bath…. 

North Carolina 'mud' run!
On a side note:


#TimedMileTuesday is indefinitely on hold.  I got 10 solid weeks of timed-miles and ran a new PR of 4:31 that I am very happy with but need to mix things up.  Plus, it’s becoming increasing difficult to run it.  Monday-Tuesday are becoming drive days and every Tuesday I’m waking up in a strange location.  Inattentive drivers not use to looking for runners and an absence of sidewalks in the Midwest and Southern United States are also making my runs….hazardous….  I’ll definitely be revisiting #TimedMileTuesday in the future, but not right now J


No comments:

Post a Comment